Online Apprenticeship Program
How does online training work?
Students “meet” online for class on a designated night of the week, where they are taught live by an IECNY Instructor. Class is once a week from 5-9pm (Eastern Time).
Curriculum & Tuition
Requirements for Online Students
Please Note: Preference for this program is given to individuals who live or work at least 40 miles or more from the IECNY Buffalo campus.
Software for PCs & Macs
Individuals interested in beginning the Apprenticeship Training Program at IECNY must follow the instructions below.
1. Pre-Register for the Apprenticeship Program. This pre-registration is simply to let IECNY know of your interest in our program. This does not constitute enrollment or acceptance into the program.
2. You will be notified when Open Enrollment begins. During Open Enrollment, you will be directed to complete our enrollment packet. A completed enrollment packet includes:
3. Once your completed enrollment packet has been submitted, IECNY will schedule you for your TABE assessments.
4. A face-to-face interview will be scheduled.
5. For final acceptance into the program, an Apprentice Agreement (between you and IECNY) and Signatory Agreement (between employer and IECNY) need to be signed. If you are not employed by an electrical contractor, we will assist in connecting you with Contractor Members. You cannot be accepted into the program without employment with an electrical contractor.
When Do Classes Start?
A class starts each semester - with either an August or January start date.